ABINGER HOUSE, 142, KINGS ROAD, BRIGHTON.
This was one of the largest single houses on Brighton front and occupied a commanding position between the Salisbury and Kings Hotels.
It was built in 1851 for Lady Abinger, from whom it took its name and later was the home of Sir Gerald Loder, M.P. for Brighton.
It stood empty for some years, both before and after being requisitioned by the Army during the 1939-1945 War. It was demolished in 1948, since when the site has been empty.
These photographs were taken in January 1946.
Image Reference: JG_01_051.tif
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 148x98
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Duncan McNeill
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society