This photograph, from St Peter’s Place, was reproduced from an early Guide Book – period about 1905. A year of two earlier, 1903, London Road has been widened following the clearance of front gardens on the west side and the line of trees had been planted.
The Northern Hotel, seen on the left, was rebuilt and set back in 1906, while Cheapside was widened when Woolworths built their store on the opposite corner in 1928.
Image Reference: JG_10a_003.tif
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 203x155
Additional Information: No comment
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society