One of the solid, substantial private houses on the east side of the road, No. 95, photographed about 1900. Built in the 1840’s it remained a private dwelling until the end of the 1914 – 1918 war. By 1920 it had been taken over by the Co-perative Society and with several adjoining buildings it was demolished in 1929. The present large Co-operative Store, which now covers this site, was opened on 12 September 1931.
(and closed in 2007 - Ed.)
Image Reference: JG_10a_030.tif
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 142x100
Additional Information: No comment
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society