Three photographs dating from 10 February 1974. They show four empty buildings adjoining, on the north side of this old street. They were numbered 19,20,21 & 22. Later in this years they were removed for an extension to the offices of the Trustee savings Bank.
No 19, seen in this photograph was one of the few remaining flint and brick cottages in Oxford Street which is much older than most people realise.
Image Reference: JG_10a_054.tif
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 108x153
Additional Information: We are informed that in 1871 Keziah Budgen (nee Measor) and her second husband Thomas Budgen lived and worked at 21-22 Oxford Street (Oxford Restaurant and Burger Bar in the above photograph) as beerhouse keepers. The premises were known as The Oxford Arms.
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society