Two photographs of 12 February 1967
This street connecting London Road and Ditchling Road, was doubtless built at the same period as Marshall’s Row, during the 1830’s. The north side of the street, here seen empty, abutted on to the Open Market and most of the houses were cleared away about 1939/40 for an extension of the Market.
Now most of the remaining houses, on the south side, have been condemned as unfit for human habitation and before long many will have been demolished though a few have been reprieved. The purpose of the photographs is to show this side of the street as a complete entity.
Image Reference: JG_10a_061.tif
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 144x112
Additional Information: No comment
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society