LONDON ROAD AND THE VIADUCT
London Road and Viaduct Road in the 1850’s. These drawings show the site of the present Preston Circus. On the left is New England Farm, and New England Road, then known as Montpelier Road. The viaduct had been built a few years earlier, in 1845, but there were no houses north of the farm until Preston Village was reached. The Amber Ale Brewery, that covered the site of the present Duke of York Cinema, dated from 1854.
Image Reference: JG_10a_106.tif
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 128x79
Additional Information: Copy of drawing based on 1850s photograph
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society