Marks and Spencer’s premises at 6, 7 & 8 London Road, west side, early in 1966. Marks started in London Road in small premises at 43/44 in 1927 but soon outgrew these, so they had this building built and opened in 1935. The firm occupied it for 51 years until being closed on 26 July 1986, when the business was concentrated at the Western Road store. This building still stands, now in multiple occupation,

Image Reference: JG_10a_110.tif
Date: 1966
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 150x108
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society