Three photographs of the first Motor Fire Engine, CD 290, at the Preston Circus Fire Station 1n 1907. The low building, which also housed the horsed engines, remained until 1938, when the station was rebuilt. Note that the building, which is now the Duke of York’s Cinema, was advertised “ to be let on 99 years lease”. Its association with the demolished Longhurst’s Brewery can be seen from the pulley hoist on the roof.
Image Reference: JG_10a_122.tif
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 141x89
Additional Information: No comment
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society