The purpose of these photographs is to show the Bridge Inn and the adjoining buildings, in New England Road and also the rear view in Old Shoreham Road. After the final extension to the large railway bridge in 1864 building operations began on what had been Pegg’s New England Farm and the line of houses running up to York Grove were erected. The Inn, which took its name from the bridge, was built in 1871. It had a life of 100 years, being demolished with the adjoining house, No 30, early in 1971. Date of these photographs 22 March 1970

Image Reference: JG_10a_157.tif
Date: 1970s
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 151x113
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society