BOSTON STREET REDEVELOPMENT
Two more photographs of the clearance of Elder Street in 1959, but this time in a southerly direction. The lower one shows New England Street completely cleared. Between this and Elder Street was Elder Row, also demolished. The six houses shown were numbered 72 to 77, the last one being the general shop of J E Baldock. This large site is now occupied by the industrial building, New England House.
Image Reference: JG_10a_174.tif
Image Details: 150x112
Size of Original: 150x112
Additional Information: The former Chichester Diocesan Training College for Schoolmistresses can be seen on the far left.
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society