Three photographs of the old Hove Baths, erected in 1893. They were in use until 1938, when the King Alfred building was constructed to replace them. After the 1939-45 war they were adapted for industrial use. When photographed on 11 February 1973, they were standing empty, forming part of a large site “ripe for redevelopment”. The building was demolished in 1976. This is a view up Sussex Road, showing the side of the baths.

Image Reference: JG_12_091.tif
Date: 1973
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 111x144
Place: Hove
Additional Information: The baths on Medina Esplanade started out in 1893 as the Hove Baths and Laundry Company, continuing until 1915 when the business was wound up with the London City and Westminster Bank taking over the mortgage. The fabric of the swimming bath was eventually replaced by Bath Court.

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Regency Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society