BLACK LION STREET
These two photographs of the east side of this ancient street, as it was in 1899 or possibly 1900. The one above provides a splendid view of the famous Thatched House Inn. In both pictures can be seen the entrance to the Market building which ran through to Market Street. The gap in the buildings is where demolition had started which was to clear several, to make way for the Floral Hall, erected and opened in 1900.
Image Reference: JG_08_078.tif
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 151x128
Additional Information: © Phillipe Garner
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society