The rear entrance of the Thatched House Inn as seen from Market Street. The front of this old inn is shown on a previous page. The fishermen’s’ ancient right of way ran through the Inn. The passageway was known as Market Lane and fishermen originally occupied the cottages. Strangely enough these cottages were never listed in any Brighton Directory. They had been empty for some time prior to their demolition in 1937.

Image Reference: JG_08_113.tif
Date: 1930s
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 107x108
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society