William Alderton originally occupied this old cottage in Little East Street and it passed into occupation by the Andrew family in the 1840’s. In 1845, it was in the name of Samuel Andrew, dealer in nets, who was succeeded by his son Henry, described as a rope and twine dealer. The third generation, was his son, H S Andrew, who lived here until his death, just a few years ago.

Image Reference: JG_08_116.tif
Date: 1840s
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 133x86
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society