The Cobbler’s Thumb Inn at the corner of New England Street, photographed in January 1992. There is talk of removing this in order to round off this junction with New England Road to assist the flow of traffic. We shall see. From the time of its erection in the late 1850’s, this prominent building had been called the New England Inn but only recently renamed for no obvious reason.

Image Reference: JG_10a_131.tif
Date: 1992
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 151x100
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society