The timber yard of Peerless & Son at 47, Middle Street, 17 October 1965. This was an extremely old established family business, which had occupied these premises for more than 100 years. Even as far back as 1822 John Jackson, Timber merchant was here, while the name peerless appears in the 1840’s. In the 1845 Directory the yard was occupied by Peerless and Bent, Timber Merchants. Within a short time after this photograph the firm moved to Shoreham and the premises have been merged with the adjoining car dealers’ showrooms.
Image Reference: JG_08_007.tif
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 233x287
Additional Information: No comment
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society