BUILDINGS IN THE OLD TOWN
These are recent copies of two quite old originals.
This photograph was taken by the well-known artist Edward Fox looks at the turn from Ship Street into Duke Street and shows the original façade of Holy Trinity Chapel. This was doubtless taken in the early 1860’s, as the Duke Street houses were removed in 1866/7.
Image Reference: JG_08_053.tif
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 110x172
Additional Information: © Phillipe Garner.One of two on page. More likely, this photograph was taken by Edward Fox Junior who was a professional photographer and had a business in the town, his father, also Edward, being the artist.
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society