MARKET STREET – BRIGHTON PLACE
The ironmongers shop of W. Slatter at 44 Market Street. Mr Slatter is standing in the doorway. Period unknown, but about 1900. It looks as if the adjoining premises were being used as a Town Hall annexe.
Image Reference: JG_08_085.tif
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 203x157
Additional Information: In c.1845, this was the home of Edward Fox senior & his wife Sarah and five sons (Edward junior, being the photographer who took some of the photographs in these volumes). It is an attractive house with mathematical tiled front and bow windows, which today stands alongside The Pump House tavern.
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society