The same area a century later. In the late 1850’s the business was taken over by T. Waterfield and remained in his family’s control for many years until in 1896 it was acquired by Walter Gillett Ltd. At some time during the Waterfield era the old building was demolished and replaced by the present one, as can be seen in the photographs of Nile Street on another page.
It is interesting to note that the premises have been in continuous occupation for more than 100 years.
Image Reference: JG_08_092.tif
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 154X112
Additional Information: One of three on page
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society