MIDDLE STREET 1940s
Taken by a press photographer this a view of 18 & 19 Middle Street, showing also the narrow entrance to Hayllars
Cottages. Although these were removed in 1935 and the entrance was boarded up the nameplate remained in position for many years afterwards. The year of the photograph is unknown but the absence of the railings from the forecourt walls, doubtless taken for salvage during the last war, suggests a post-war period, possibly the late 1940s.
Image Reference: JG_08_001.tif
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 217x170
Additional Information: No comment
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society