An original photograph, probably by Edward Fox, and dating from the 1860’s. It shows the old flint house 37, Duke Street at the corner of Ship Street, adjoining Holy Trinity Chapel. Here seen with its original façade. In 1867 this house, with several others adjoining, was demolished and Duke Street widened to its present width.
Image Reference: JG_08_013.tif
Image Details: Original sepia toned monochrome print
Size of Original: 86x 87
Additional Information: S.Cash, House Painter resident at 37 Duke Street.The church was later covered in stucco and Duke Street was pedestrianised in 1980s
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society